The Library has a space allotted for Reading section, Reference section, Staff area, Circulation counter, Stack area, Periodical and Reprographic section. The Library is well ventilated, well lighted and aired to facilitate comfortable seating. The reading capacity of the Library is 300:- Reading section- 250, Staff- 20, Reference section- 30. The library is governed by a set of rules and regulations.
Management of Library and Information Services
The students and the staff are encouraged to suggest a list of most wanted titles and priority is given to these titles at the next allotment of purchase of new books for the Library. The staff from each department often selects the books according to the demands of the department each year as per the budget allotment Collection and Services Provided to Users.
Library Statical Information
- Total Books(After Flood) : 47620
- Bound Vols of Periodicals : 3814
- Current Serials : 72
- E-Information Resources : (CDs/DVDs) 59
- Online Books/Journals : Access through N-LIST Programme of INFLIBNET
- Special collection Of Books : Competitive Examination, Dictionaries, Sports
During the flood of Tapi River in August – 2006 water enter in Reading Room approximate 13200 books are damage, which are dispossess / discarded.
The Library is fully automated with SOUL20 Library software. The management funds, the students’ funds and UGC financial support also liberally support the Library with financial help. The Library has three search computers and three PC’s for documentation. Internet facility is also installed.
G. Service offered :
- Xerox and Internet facility.
- Cubicle facility for Student in the reading area.
- Mahatma Gandhi Aid book bank.
- Student council Aid book bank initiated by Chairman S. R. C and – Dr.U.T.Desai Year 2006-07
- Acharya Kunjvihari Mehta Aid book bank.
- Inter library loan facility.
- Online Public Access Catalog. [ OPAC ]
- Online Access from N-LIST Programme of INLIBNET
- Book bank facility for Poor Student